The “GALACTIC” butterfly valve is specially recommended for heavy duty applications where a high performance is required.
Valve design features:
- Quality management system according to ISO 9001:2015.
- Body encircling type seat made of virgin Poly Tetra Fluoro Ethylene “PTFE”, isostatically moulded of 3mm thickness, and makes this valve highly suited for chemical applications.
- Disc encapsulated with PFA and UHMWPE, 3 mm thick, mechanically fastened and isostatically moulded.
- The one piece investment cast stainless steel slim disc and shaft offers a very high “Cv” or “Kv” rating, which minimizes obstructions to the flow (low pressure drop).
- Shaft PFA or UHMWPE coated in areas in contact with the liner, ensures complete stem isolation from the fluid.
- The contact between the PTFE liner and the encapsulated PFA disc causes a minimal friction coefficient and therefore minimum wear and, consequently, a constant and low torque value.
- Only the disc and the liner are into contact with the fluid.
- PTFE coated self-lubricating bearings.
- Centring holes in Wafer body for the right alignment with flanges during installation.
- Body design permitting to place heat insulation.
- Top flange to ISO-5211 to fit any type of standardized actuator.
- Stainless steel bolting to fix both parts of the body.
- Maintenance free.
- Full trazability of components.
- Manufactured according to latest standards and applicable regulations.
- Possibility of marking to Pressure Equipment Directive 2014/68/EU, European Directive ATEX 2014/34/EU concerning equipments and protective systems intended for use in potentially explosive atmospheres, and certificates to work with drinking water for human consumption.